May contain some propaganda articles !
- May 7, 2021‘If we start playing games like this, historians won’t write anything’. Russian historian Mikhail Meltyukhov on the proposed ban on ‘equating’ the goals of the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany
- May 7, 2021Russian court refuses to remove journalist Denis Kamalyagin from ‘foreign agent’ registry
- May 7, 2021Amnesty International reinstates Navalny’s ‘prisoner of conscience’ status
- May 7, 2021Russian LGBTQ activist and artist Yulia Tsvetkova ends hunger strike
- May 6, 2021‘Everyone around is snoring, but Yekaterinburg has awakened’. When the Urals’ largest city declared itself Russia’s street art capital, everyone laughed. Then it became the truth.
The Moscow Times
- May 7, 2021Russia Slams U.S. Proposal for 'Summit for Democracy'
- May 7, 2021Amnesty International Restores Navalny 'Prisoner of Conscience' Status After Controversy
- May 7, 2021Ukraine Seizes First Batch of ‘Chernobyl Spirits’ Bound for UK
- May 7, 2021Siberian Schoolchildren Celebrate ‘Putin Era’ With Portrait Procession
- May 7, 2021YouTube Accused of Bias for Blocking Navalny's Anti-Kremlin Voting Strategy
- May 7, 2021Coronavirus in Russia: The Latest News | May 7
- May 7, 2021Belarus Opposition Leader Calls on U.S. to Isolate Lukashenko
- May 6, 2021Some 170 Endangered Seals Found Dead on Russia's Caspian Coast
- May 6, 2021Blinken Presses Russia to Pull Troops on Solidarity Trip to Ukraine
- May 6, 2021Putin Questions Moderna’s ‘Best’ Coronavirus Vaccine Recognition
- May 6, 2021Putin Backs Russia Waiving Patents on Its Covid Jabs
- May 6, 2021Russian Kindergarteners to Stage ‘Baby’ WWII Victory Parade
- May 6, 2021Russia Registers One-Dose Sputnik Light Coronavirus Jab
- May 6, 2021Kremlin Says Doesn’t Know If Czech Blast, Skripal Poisoning Suspects Work for It
- May 6, 2021Russian Lawmakers Seek to Ban Soviet-Nazi Comparisons
- May 6, 2021Russian Scientists Say Polio Vaccine Protects Against Coronavirus
- May 5, 2021Russian Coronavirus Vaccine Maker Studying 3rd Booster Shot
- May 5, 2021C.Africa to Probe Claims of Abuse By Troops, Russian Forces
- May 5, 2021Russian Special Envoy Steven Seagal Gifts Sword to Venezuela's Maduro
- May 5, 2021Russia Seeks to Ban Extremist-Linked Candidates Ahead of Navalny Ruling
- May 5, 2021Biden Says 'Hope and Expectation' for Putin Meeting in June
- May 4, 2021Russian Astrologer, Yoga Teacher Charged for Promoting Popular Hindu Festival
- May 4, 2021Russia’s Last Stalin Avenue Removes Dictator’s Bust Days After Installation
- May 4, 2021Confined By the Pandemic, Russian Tourists Flock to Dagestan
- May 3, 2021Journalists Worldwide Urge Russia to Stop Persecuting Independent Media
- May 3, 2021EU Summons Russian Ambassador Over Retaliatory Sanctions
- May 3, 2021Putin Enacts Fines for Sharing Unlabeled ‘Foreign Agent’ Media Reports
- May 3, 2021Russian Billionaires, Rosneft Sue Over Book on Putin’s Rise – FT
- May 3, 2021News From Russia: What You Missed Over the Weekend
- May 2, 2021Kyrgyzstan Says Ceasefire With Tajikistan Holding After Clashes
- February 20, 2020Russian diamond mining giant sells a rare pink diamond to an American collector
- November 18, 2019Vladimir Putin approves Russia’s next mega infrastructure project, a $1.3bn bridge across river Lena
- December 29, 2018The ‘Iron Lady’ of Siberia invites you to visit Yakutsk, the world’s coldest city
- September 26, 2017Russia in ‘remarkable recovery story’ as number of visitors to Phuket soar
- September 22, 2017Record pink rough diamond found by Alrosa subsidiary in Siberia
- September 7, 2017Russia offers a bridge across history to connect Tokyo to the Trans-Siberian railway
- June 28, 2017Business mission in Kuril Islands signals a new era for Russia and Japan
- May 25, 2017Iconic mammoth hotel planned for Lake Baikal with soaring-100 metre high tusks
- April 3, 2017Sparkling Far East of Russia – Indian KGK to invest $50 million into a diamond-cutting factory
- March 31, 2017Climate change offers chance of major economic boost in Arctic for Russia, says Putin
Name RUS- Russia is stolen from Ukraine, so I revert to old name.
(but now i was blocked on wikipedia trying to keep that name and facts about it!?- whats more important, wikipedia admins, facts or rules)
The name of the Grand Duchy of Moscow, changed for Russia by Tsar Peter I in the early 18th century. The goal of this change was to establish a connection between Muscovy and medieval state of Kievan Rus’, thus claiming the right of Moscow to possess all the lands of Rus’. Muscovy was officially renamed by Russian imperial decree in 1721. The ethnonym “Russian” was fixed later – only at the end of the century, when Empress Catherine II of “the highest command” Moscow ordered the people called “Russian people” and forbade them to use the title of “Muscovites”.
was changed to
The Grand Duchy of Moscow, changed to the Tsardom of Russia by Tsar Ivan IV in 1547.
WHICH IS NOT TRUE
was renamed not from muscovy to tsardom of russia in 1547 but was done in 1721 and renamed THEN from muscovy to russia.
history channel ivan the terrible no mention of tsardom Ivan Moscow, it is just called Muscovy & Muscovites
Hakluyt, Richard, 1552?-1616
Title The Discovery of Muscovy
LoC Class DK: History: General and Eastern Hemisphere: Russia, Former Soviet Republics, Poland
Subject Willoughby, Hugh, Sir, d. 1554
Subject Chancellor, Richard, d. 1556
While there was Muscovy, there never was, is , and will be a country named “russia”.
Russia is NO country, it’s offical name is Russian Federation (RF) a unvoluntary federation of 85 parts of which Muscovy/Moscow is the parasite.
Name “Russia” will disappear when Ukraine monopolizes history of Kyvian Rus , then it will be again Muscovy…rofl ol