May contain some propaganda articles !
- May 29, 2020News coverage of comedy video parodying Russian president and Moscow mayor deleted following calls from officials
- May 29, 2020Russian Children’s Rights Commissioner suggests funding cuts for abortion clinics
- May 29, 2020Russia’s public health authority issues recommendations for reopening places of worship
- May 29, 2020Arrests continue in Moscow during second day of protests in solidarity with jailed journalist
- May 29, 2020Suing Russia’s president. An ‘ultra-Putinist’ ex-governor has made history with a lawsuit challenging his dismissal. Here’s his story.
The Moscow Times
- May 29, 2020Russia Struggles to Keep up in Race for Virus Vaccine
- May 29, 2020U.S. Ex-Marine in Russia Spy Trial Has Urgent Operation
- May 29, 2020Moscow Police Resume Detaining Jailed Journalist’s Supporters
- May 29, 2020Coronavirus in Russia: The Latest News | May 29
- May 29, 2020Tanker Crosses Russian Arctic Route Without Icebreaker Assistance
- May 29, 2020Moscow Doubles Coronavirus-Linked Death Count Amid Scrutiny
- May 29, 2020Russia Wants to Spark a Domestic Tourism Boom. Will It Work?
- May 29, 2020‘Accidental’ Opposition Activist Mokhnatkin Dies Aged 66
- May 29, 2020Russia Sees Record Coronavirus Deaths as Cases Approach 390K
- May 29, 2020‘Zombie’ Wildfires Threaten Arctic Russia, Scientists Warn
- May 29, 2020Fans Allowed to Attend Russian Football Matches Next Month
- May 28, 2020Russia Slams 'Dangerous' U.S. Foreign Policy Moves
- May 28, 2020Moscow, Ankara 'Divide Up Influence' in Libya: Analysts
- May 28, 2020Leading Russian Journalists Detained for Protesting in Support of Jailed Colleague
- May 28, 2020Moscow's First Steps Out of Coronavirus Lockdown, Explained
- May 28, 2020Elon Musk’s Plan to Bomb Mars Is a Cover to Send Nukes Into Space, Russia’s Space Chief Says
- May 28, 2020Russia in Talks With World Leaders to Attend June WWII Parade
- May 28, 2020Russia to Stop Counting Asymptomatic Coronavirus Cases, Deaths – Health Ministry
- May 28, 20201 in 4 Russians Believe Coronavirus Pandemic ‘Made-Up’ – Poll
- May 27, 2020'I Am Healthy,' Chechen Chief Says After Virus Hospitalization Rumors
- May 27, 2020Russia Seizes 40 Tons of Embargoed European Cheeses
- May 27, 2020Russia Postpones BRICS, SCO Summits in July Over Pandemic
- May 27, 2020‘It’s All Bullsh*t,’ Russia’s Coronavirus Information Chief Says of Virus Fears
- May 27, 2020Moscow to Start Easing Coronavirus Restrictions After Flattening Curve
- May 27, 2020Russian Army Deploys Field Hospitals in Virus-Hit Dagestan
- May 27, 2020U.S. Navy Accuses Russian Jets of ‘Unsafe’ Mediterranean Interception
- May 27, 2020Scandal-Plagued Ex-Governor Sues Putin for Wrongful Dismissal
- May 27, 2020Bike Sales Spike in Movement-Starved Russia
- May 27, 2020Russian Communist Leader Links Coronavirus Vaccine to Microchip Conspiracy Theory
- May 26, 2020Russians’ Confidence in Government Down, Self-Reliance Up During Virus Outbreak – Poll
- February 20, 2020Russian diamond mining giant sells a rare pink diamond to an American collector
- November 18, 2019Vladimir Putin approves Russia’s next mega infrastructure project, a $1.3bn bridge across river Lena
- December 29, 2018The ‘Iron Lady’ of Siberia invites you to visit Yakutsk, the world’s coldest city
- February 26, 2018Thailand to start talks soon on trade deal with Russian-led Eurasian Economic Union
- February 22, 2018Russia woos Thailand with business opportunities in Siberia and Kremlin’s Pacific rim
- December 30, 2017Major increase in Russian tourism to Thailand, with 22% rise in 2017
- September 26, 2017Russia in ‘remarkable recovery story’ as number of visitors to Phuket soar
- September 22, 2017Record pink rough diamond found by Alrosa subsidiary in Siberia
- September 7, 2017Russia offers a bridge across history to connect Tokyo to the Trans-Siberian railway
- June 28, 2017Business mission in Kuril Islands signals a new era for Russia and Japan
Name RUS- Russia is stolen from Ukraine, so I revert to old name.
(but now i was blocked on wikipedia trying to keep that name and facts about it!?- whats more important, wikipedia admins, facts or rules)
The name of the Grand Duchy of Moscow, changed for Russia by Tsar Peter I in the early 18th century. The goal of this change was to establish a connection between Muscovy and medieval state of Kievan Rus’, thus claiming the right of Moscow to possess all the lands of Rus’. Muscovy was officially renamed by Russian imperial decree in 1721. The ethnonym “Russian” was fixed later – only at the end of the century, when Empress Catherine II of “the highest command” Moscow ordered the people called “Russian people” and forbade them to use the title of “Muscovites”.
was changed to
The Grand Duchy of Moscow, changed to the Tsardom of Russia by Tsar Ivan IV in 1547.
WHICH IS NOT TRUE
was renamed not from muscovy to tsardom of russia in 1547 but was done in 1721 and renamed THEN from muscovy to russia.
history channel ivan the terrible no mention of tsardom Ivan Moscow, it is just called Muscovy & Muscovites
Hakluyt, Richard, 1552?-1616
Title The Discovery of Muscovy
LoC Class DK: History: General and Eastern Hemisphere: Russia, Former Soviet Republics, Poland
Subject Willoughby, Hugh, Sir, d. 1554
Subject Chancellor, Richard, d. 1556
While there was Muscovy, there never was, is , and will be a country named “russia”.
Russia is NO country, it’s offical name is Russian Federation (RF) a unvoluntary federation of 85 parts of which Muscovy/Moscow is the parasite.
Name “Russia” will disappear when Ukraine monopolizes history of Kyvian Rus , then it will be again Muscovy…rofl ol