May contain some propaganda articles !
- September 27, 2022North Ossetian authorities to limit traffic into the region amid crowding at border crossings
- September 27, 2022Literally incredible. Preliminary results of Russian-staged annexation “referendums” on Ukrainian soil
- September 27, 2022Judge known for dissenting opinions resigns from Russian Constitutional Court
- September 27, 2022Patriarch Kirill expects ‘spiritual mobilization’ from Russia’s Orthodox Christians
- September 27, 2022Film director Andrey Zvyagintsev resigns from Russian Oscar committee
The Moscow Times
- September 27, 2022Kremlin Proxies Claiming Victory in 'Sham' Annexation Votes
- September 27, 2022Russia Sends Mobilized Men to Ukraine Front After Days of Training – Activists
- September 27, 2022‘Ust-Ilimsk’s Che Guevara’: Violence Flares Across Russia Amid Mobilization
- September 27, 2022In Photos: Occupied Ukrainian Regions Vote in 'Sham' Annexation Referendums
- September 27, 2022Russia to Hand Summons to Conscripted Reservists at Georgia Border
- September 27, 2022Putin Expects 'Record' 150-Million-Ton Grain Harvest in 2022
- September 27, 2022Kremlin Proxies to Close Polls in 'Sham' Ukraine Annexation Votes
- September 27, 2022Estonia Nabs Russian Reservist Fleeing Draft on Paddle Board
- September 27, 2022Kremlin Says ‘Extremely Concerned’ By Nord Stream Damage
- September 27, 2022Ethnic Minorities Hit Hardest By Russia’s Mobilization, Activists Say
- September 27, 2022Russia Shuns Oscars as Ukraine Standoff Hits Arts
- September 27, 2022Occupied Ukrainian Regions Could Form Single Russian District Upon Annexation – Vedomosti
- September 27, 2022Kazakhstan to Ensure Safety of Russians Fleeing Draft – President
- September 27, 2022Moscow Police Accused of Raping Anti-Draft Activist
- September 27, 2022Japan Slams ‘Unbelievable’ Treatment of Diplomat Detained in Russia
- September 27, 2022Ukraine War: As It's Happening
- September 26, 2022Putin Grants Edward Snowden Russian Citizenship – Decree
- September 26, 2022Dagestan Anti-Mobilization Protests Rage for Second Day
- September 26, 2022‘Total Chaos’: Russian Mobilization Exodus Accelerates Amid Border Closure Rumors
- September 26, 2022Russia School Shooting Kills 15, Including Children
- September 26, 2022Russia Tells U.S. to ‘Cool Down’ Over Putin’s Nuclear Warning
- September 26, 2022In Photos: Moscow's Military Enlistment Centers Amid Mobilization
- September 26, 2022Kremlin Admits Call-Up ‘Errors’ but No Decision to Close Border
- September 26, 2022Finland Sees Record Surge in Russians Crossing Border
- September 26, 2022Prigozhin Admits He Founded ‘Brave, Patriotic’ Wagner Mercenary Group
- September 26, 2022Russian Enlistment Officer Shot, Recruitment Centers Torched as Kremlin Admits Mobilization 'Errors'
- September 26, 2022Russia Readies Border Closures for Military-Aged Men – Reports
- September 26, 2022U.S. Warns Russia of 'Catastrophic ' Consequences of Nuclear Strike
- September 25, 2022Ukraine Schools Battered by Russian Onslaught in South
- September 24, 2022Over 700 Detained in Russian Anti-Mobilization Protests — NGO
- February 20, 2020Russian diamond mining giant sells a rare pink diamond to an American collector
- November 18, 2019Vladimir Putin approves Russia’s next mega infrastructure project, a $1.3bn bridge across river Lena
- December 29, 2018The ‘Iron Lady’ of Siberia invites you to visit Yakutsk, the world’s coldest city
- September 26, 2017Russia in ‘remarkable recovery story’ as number of visitors to Phuket soar
- September 22, 2017Record pink rough diamond found by Alrosa subsidiary in Siberia
- September 7, 2017Russia offers a bridge across history to connect Tokyo to the Trans-Siberian railway
- June 28, 2017Business mission in Kuril Islands signals a new era for Russia and Japan
- May 25, 2017Iconic mammoth hotel planned for Lake Baikal with soaring-100 metre high tusks
- April 3, 2017Sparkling Far East of Russia – Indian KGK to invest $50 million into a diamond-cutting factory
- March 31, 2017Climate change offers chance of major economic boost in Arctic for Russia, says Putin
Name RUS- Russia is stolen from Ukraine, so I revert to old name.
(but now i was blocked on wikipedia trying to keep that name and facts about it!?- whats more important, wikipedia admins, facts or rules)
The name of the Grand Duchy of Moscow, changed for Russia by Tsar Peter I in the early 18th century. The goal of this change was to establish a connection between Muscovy and medieval state of Kievan Rus’, thus claiming the right of Moscow to possess all the lands of Rus’. Muscovy was officially renamed by Russian imperial decree in 1721. The ethnonym “Russian” was fixed later – only at the end of the century, when Empress Catherine II of “the highest command” Moscow ordered the people called “Russian people” and forbade them to use the title of “Muscovites”.
was changed to
The Grand Duchy of Moscow, changed to the Tsardom of Russia by Tsar Ivan IV in 1547.
WHICH IS NOT TRUE
was renamed not from muscovy to tsardom of russia in 1547 but was done in 1721 and renamed THEN from muscovy to russia.
history channel ivan the terrible no mention of tsardom Ivan Moscow, it is just called Muscovy & Muscovites
Hakluyt, Richard, 1552?-1616
Title The Discovery of Muscovy
LoC Class DK: History: General and Eastern Hemisphere: Russia, Former Soviet Republics, Poland
Subject Willoughby, Hugh, Sir, d. 1554
Subject Chancellor, Richard, d. 1556
While there was Muscovy, there never was, is , and will be a country named “russia”.
Russia is NO country, it’s offical name is Russian Federation (RF) a unvoluntary federation of 85 parts of which Muscovy/Moscow is the parasite.
Name “Russia” will disappear when Ukraine monopolizes history of Kyvian Rus , then it will be again Muscovy…rofl ol